Monday, August 11, 2014

High School Surival Guide: Periods

Something I saw a lot of people experience during high school for some reason was them not being prepared/ready for their period. It always confused me how some people never had pads, tampons, or any medicine to take care of themselves. I don't know if that is because I was always prepared but ones period is not something new most of the time it will most definitely happen once a month and during school you should always be prepared.

First things first in the beginning of the year create what I called an emergency kit. Which would be taking a small bag like the one below fill it with a pad, or tampon, a small Ziploc bag with some medicine, and maybe a mirror and some chapstick.

You can find a bag like this at Target, Walmart, or online on EBay or Etsy!!

I always kept this little bag in my purse and because pads and tampons are so lite it won't weigh you down. If your school is strict about not being allowed to bring medicine I would just take the Ziploc bag of medicine out whenever my period ended. Then just put it back in once you start or are close to starting again. Remember periods usually happen every 28 days so put a dot on your calendar the day you start so you can tell when you should be starting next month

Next I honestly can not stress this enough wear dark colored bottoms during your period. I have never leaked at school *knocks on wood ,but I have seen some others because they are wearing light colored bottoms. I usually wore yoga pants my first couple days, then a maxi skirt, or a dark colored dress. Also going along with this if you have a locker or some sort of storage at school just buy a cheap jacket or one you don't really care for and put it in there just in case you do leak and if it happens then you can go get the jacket and wrap it around your waist till school is over.

Bring some herbal tea with you in the morning. I have really, really bad periods so it's hard for me to go out during it but for school I have to so in the morning I pop some Advil and bring some tea my mom makes for me. It warms your body so it will help with cramps.

Next pack a sturdy lunch so you can take medicine. I would usually take a peanut butter sandwich so it would be carbs and protein so it would sit in your stomach better and it would be easier for you to take medicine with a full stomach.

Lastly make yourself as comfortable as possible, I know most of the time we all have people to impress but periods are a gross time so you might have to tone down the beauty for a couple of days. Wearing leggings, yoga pants or anything that makes you comfortable, throw your hair up, wear minimal makeup, and comfortable shoes.

Periods are seriously horrible times for me so I tried my hardest to make it as comfortable as possible. I hoped I helped some of you out and have a great day!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on the new twitter I made for my blog mayasmind1 I follow everyone back so go, go, go and follow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment