Friday, August 22, 2014

Book Review: Looking For Alaska


Today I thought I would do a book review on Looking For Alaska by John Green. I really loved the Fault In Our Stars and I heard that Looking For Alaska was going to be made into a movie so I thought I would read it. Needless to say I did not like it nearly as much as TFIOS.
 
The book starts off with the narrator Miles switching schools to one where he now lives at school kind of like dorming in college but high school version. His roommate is called Colonel and they become pretty good friends. Colonels friend is Alaska she is very mysterious and beautiful and Miles falls for her but she already has a boyfriend who she claims to really love.
 
They drink and smoke by a lake that is near the school and there friend group consists of Alaska, Colonel, Miles "pudge", some Asian guy sorry I forgot his name, and Lara who was born and raised in Romania but now lives in the U.S.
 
Alaska knows Miles likes her and teases him but nothing really happens. Alaska ends up setting up Lara and Miles together and they date for a few weeks and then that ended. Basically one night Alaska gets drunk and hooks up with Miles and then runs off and hysterically runs to her car and nobody knows why. The next morning they find out Alaska died in a car accident.
 
Colonel and Miles who were the last ones to talk to her make it their mission to find out how/why she died.
 
That was a really rough synopsis because I don't remember everything but I remember when it ended I kinda was like wtf...it is a really weird book that had a lot of interesting moments but I just didn't like it overall but everybody has their own opinion so I say give it a try.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- -----                                                                   -----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment