Friday, July 4, 2014

Recipe: Healthy Tuna Salad

Hey everybody!  First and foremost I wanted to say a very Happy 4th of July to any of my fellow Americans, this really is an amazing day and I hope you all are enjoying yourselves!

For today's post I decided to share with you a healthy tuna salad that I made the other day and it turned out really good. I personally don't even like mayo so I usually do this anyway.

Everything is to taste because everybody is different in regards to if they want their stuff more lemony or more garlic it is all personal preference the ingredients below are just what I did.
 
Ingredients:
< One can of tuna, any of your choice
< 3 tbsp. of lemon
< 2 tbsp. of oil
< 2 tsp of salt and pepper
< 3 tsp of garlic powder
<2 tsp of Trader Joes everyday seasoning
< 3 tsp red pepper flakes
< 1 green onion (chopped)
< 1 1/2 stalks of celery (chopped)
Directions:
< Combine everything in a bowl and mix
< Taste it when your done mixing and add whatever you need more of
< I ate this with some pita bread, but you can honestly do whatever rather by itself or crackers it tastes great either way
 

I cut the celery like this because I like crunchy chunks in my tuna salad

This is the tuna I use and I really like the taste, not an overwhelming fish smell or taste
 
I actually forgot completely to take a picture of the finished product which I'm really sorry about because it looked really good. I'm still getting used to taking pictures of everything, but I really want to try and get better for you all so hopefully next time I actually remember to take a picture of the end product.
 
That is all for this post I hope you all enjoyed and try it out! Once again have an amazing 4th of July and weekend. See you on Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment