Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fourth of July day to night outfits and treat!

Hey everybody! So in todays post I'm doing a super awesome post of a day to night outfit for 4th of July and a cool and easy treat as well.
 
 
 
Outfits!
 
First for the outfit on the left which is the day outfit I chose a red and white stripped shirt from Tj maxx some comfy blue shorts from forever 21 and just some white converse. I love this outfit because it's so comfortable to wear shopping or to a picnic anything one might be doing on the 4th.
 
For the night outfit on the right I put together a blue and white stripped skater dress from H&M with some white studded sandals from Steve Madden. I also took a clip and did my hair half up and half down. You can't tell but I also have on a red lip just to finish off the outfit!
 
Here's some more pictures of the outfits

 
Treat time!
 It honestly took me forever to decide what I wanted to make because I wanted it to be cute but at least semi healthy! So I decided to make a fizzy cranberry juice with a red and white mini skewer
Ingredients:
 
For drink
< 1/2 cup of cranberry juice
< 1/2 cup of sprite or ginger ale
 
Per mini skewer
< 1 medium strawberry
< 6 mini marshmallows
 
Directions:
1. You want to go ahead and fill half of whatever cup you want to use with cranberry juice and the other half with sprite! That is all for the drink super delicious.
2. For the skewer I just broke one long skewer in half and pushed three mini marshmallows to the end of one side then put my sliced strawberries in the middle and then the other three marshmallows on the other side!
3. You will want to stick the skewer on top of the cup so everyone can drink and then take a little bite!
I came up with this decoration piece, which is just a Styrofoam ring from the dollar store, which I painted red and blue then just stuck some stickers all over, which I think makes it look even better. Another treat option would be to make a bunch of the mini skewers and stick them in the Styrofoam vertically, it would look really cool and everyone would love picking one!  
I also just had this white and red straw in my house but whatever you have is fine as well
 
I hope everybody has an amazing 4th of July and this post inspired you in some way.
 
 
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment