Monday, July 14, 2014

High School Survival Guide: What should i eat at lunch?

I don't think I have talked to any high schooler who has good or even semi decent lunches at their school. My school had the greasiest pizza and shady orange chicken, it was honestly the biggest mess. I only ate lunch at school my freshman year when they had these really good and healthy chicken wraps but then they took them away my sophomore year and that was the end of me eating at school.

Sandwiches get boring after a while so i really had to start getting creative. First I would make personal salads add some shredded carrots, croutons and whatever we had in the fridge. I have this salad tupperware that has a little compartment for sauce so i put whichever one i want in their.
Looks like this and you can find it in places like Walmart and Target
















Another option I liked a lot too was salsa and chips or guacamole and chips I put them in the same container above. It was honestly so easy I could do it the night before in like 5 minutes.

Also if you don't want to eat too much just something to hold you over till you get home i recommend these little individual trail mix packs from Trader Joes they are filling from the protein in the nuts so it will hold you over till you get home.

My favorite lunch option i came up with during school was do it yourself lunchables. In any container i would put some ritz crackers, little pieces of cut up cheddar cheese, and a couple of slices of turkey or ham. It's really fun to put it together I think and made me feel like I was back in elementary school.

Lastly I liked to make parfaits any cup in my house that had a lid or a mason jar I did a layer of yogurt then fruit and then granola and just kept layering it to the top.

I hope you guys liked these lunch ideas i thought they were a change then the typical sandwich this is what I did my sophomore and junior year. Senior year i was lucky enough to get out at lunch which was the best thing ever if you have the option to I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment