Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Acai Obsession

I have been absolutely obsessed with acai berries lately I know the trend has been kind of popular for a while and usually I am rather way before people when it comes to a craze or very late. In this case I'm late no surprise.


Acai Berry
In actual berry form they look like this which I would describe as a more purple almost magenta blueberry. I don't believe they actually sell the berries like this but I know I've personally never seen them being sold like this in the supermarket. Usually they are already made and blended or in bars.

In most forms you will find it like this called an acai bowl or sometimes also in smoothie form, this is mine. I get the tropical acai bowl from this local place by me. Essentially it is acai blended with pineapple and mango with granola, banana, strawberry and shaved coconut on the top. It is so refreshing and been a go to for me lately. Most bowls are very filling whenever I get one it is usually for dinner which I like to have a lighter meal and this is perfect and keeps me full till the next morning. I also know they sell acai bars which is just frozen acai that you can blend to make bowls, or smoothies. They sell these bars in Sprouts, Whole Foods, and Costco. It is a good alternative to ice cream, gelto, or fro yo I honestly prefer it, it's ridiculously refreshing and tasty.
 
Heres some fun facts and benefits of acai:
  • Boosts up energy levels (great for during school because lets be honest we all pull all nighters studying)
  • It helps to add luster to skin and nails
  • Acai orginates from the Amazon rainforest in Brazil
  • Also has a lot of iron (awesome for females because during our periods we lose alot of iron from the blood which makes us weaker and not have as much energy)
  • It has been used as weight loss suplement
  • Acai fruit is very low in sugar (alot of fruits are high in sugar such as cantalope so sometimes the harmful effects of sugar weigh out the goodness of the fruit)
Hope you all enjoyed this different type of post I thought it would be fun to share with you my latest obsession and some cool facts about it.
Have a great day see you all Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment